Saturday 16 July 2011

FINALLY: Officially Trini

I am officially a trinidadian people.  This blog is dedicated to my father. This man overcame all obstacles to get the information I needed to play on the national team. I was thinking to myself, even if I didn't get the paperwork done in time, my dad did everything he could and it means so much to me. My dad is not a man of many words when it comes to expressing his emotions but there is no doubt in my mind that he loves me. Unfortunately, not many people can say that these days. Some people don't have fathers around, or their fathers that are around are just sources of money. My dad has supported me in every aspect of my life and I don't take it for granted. Even though my father and I had our rough times, I always knew that he loved me and wanted what was best for me. My dad is the ONLY man that will have my heart and I wanted the world to know that I love him.

One funny thing that did happen yesterday was that my teammates, Shakira and Chenel, hacked my facebook and said I was having explosive diarrhea. Those of you who know me, know that I am lactose intolerant so they went on a rant about how I didn't take my lactaid pills and how I'm just messing up myself. So two hours later after they posted it, I read it and said I am going to get them back. I was going to buy some kind of laxative the next day and put it in their food but that same day they have Roti with goat curry. Apparently the goat curry was not prepared properly and Shakira and Chenel had explosive diarrhea for the entire day yesterday. They thought I cursed them, which I didn't, but like I always say if you think your funny, my Father (God) is hilarious. God don't like ugly and that's what they get for hacking me. Also yesterday, Chenel and I went on the news to talk about the basketball team. There is a 15 minute segment on the morning news and we spoke about being foreign based players and what it meant to us to play for the team. My aunt who I haven't spoken to in years saw me on TV and she called my dad and told him. I'm famous people. People were talking to us in the street. It was so cool. Tonight, my teammates and I are going to a club to see Jah Cure and Lady Saw, two big artists, and we are going to be apart of some bacchanal (foolishness). I will be sure to inform you of the foolishness. To be completely honest, I am kind of nervous because of my sexual orientation going to a club but I'll be with my teammates and we are larger than most females around here so I don't think the guys will mess with us. Pray for us. Until next time...live, love, laugh, and don't eat poorly cooked curry.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! You have an interesting website. It is nice to visit here.

    ReplyDelete